Thursday 7 May 2020

Beads of Courage

These are my beads of courage I got them two years ago when my brother was sick. He lived at Starship for many months fighting Cancer. My parents took turns staying with him. I like Starship I had lots of friends we would play in the kids room we had lots of lollipops.  Siblings were give beads Child Cancer said '' we had courage too  ''. Every time I did something good my mum would give me a bead ,these special beads are made in USA.

Haiku Courage 
Courage is power
Starship is a special place 
Wear your beads with pride

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post J'varn - thank you for sharing your writing and haiku with us. I hope you showed your family this post. You and your brother can be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this J'Varn, both the beads and your poem are a wonderful way to create positive memories from such a difficult journey. Kia Kaha : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello JVarn mum here - I asked JV to choose one special thing in her room to write about, she chose her "courage beads" she still get a bit teary talking about this journey, another platform for her express her feelings.
    sent a copy thru to Child Cancer to display - from a siblings perspective .
    Nga Mihi Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dionne and J'Varn, Thanks so much for this and for sharing it with others who are going through tough times. Let's hope by sharing your words, it might give them the strength and courage you have shown. Nga Mihi Megan

    ReplyDelete